Sunday 12 February 2012

26th of september 2011

i celebrated turning 35 in my favourite thai restaurant near our other home. we actually celebrated on the 25th, as the 26th was a Monday, and we were travelling to a different part of england on the day.

it was a celebration of many reasons. for turning another year older, for getting my dream rotational post, and for moving to a different part of the country.

the birthday dinner was fun, even though it was just the two of us;-)

--
Sukothai restaurant..



the starter




thai inspired vases



my partner in crime



but of course;-)



prawn pad thai



pork in black bean sauce



yummy food



my fave special rice


another pork dish



they were quiet on a sunday night



happy birthday dearest me;-)



a chicken dish


my pla sam rot.. fish in sweet and sour sauce

**

and the birthday girl..


i can still remember my excitement that night

***

the next day, i started my new job, where i found out, i was so unfit and got so tired by noon. (while fifty-something colleagues walked faster than me,and were breathing normally up and down the stairs. it was a wake up call). topping it all, everyone were so into keeping healthy in my workplace that i couldnt help but get inspired to do the same.

on the 27th, i decided i need to shape up. (well, the above reasons, and a lot more got me into exercise once again).

get active. slow, baby steps. a 1 or 2 year plan to get to my goal weight. no crash dieting, no crash whatsoever, no shortcuts. no dieting,even. (the diet change came when i started losing some weight,and i got even more challenged to do more)

just a lifestyle change. not even an overhaul. and that's another blog altogether.


6 comments:

Aileen said...

I agree, no crash dieting or killing oneself to lose weight. I love what you are doing.

Happy birthday! You've achieved and done a lot (not just for yourself) in your 35 years!

Wishing you more blessings and more years! :)

Patricia said...

oh, the phad thai looks so yummy! and so do you! =)

but yes, you've obviously lost a lot of weight now, chelo. what a huge difference!

kookooforcocopuffs said...

I agree, no crash dieting or killing oneself to lose weight. I love what you are doing.

Happy birthday! You've achieved and done a lot (not just for yourself) in your 35 years!

Wishing you more blessings and more years! :)

**

hi Ai;-) im glad im sharing this health journey with you,too;-) lets do this slowly and not rushed..thats when we get a lot of errors and we get stuck,and then mu give up napud... i cant wait to be 36 and be a healthier version of me;-)

thank you for being one of those who believed in me;-)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

oh, the phad thai looks so yummy! and so do you! =)

but yes, you've obviously lost a lot of weight now, chelo. what a huge difference!

**

hi Pat, aguy that pad thai is so yummy gyud, the best we had sa tanang thai resto's weve been too;-)

u know, i couldnt see the weightloss much,but when i look at old photos, it does show the obvious difference..im beginning to see some benefits of it, firstly, being more motivated to enjoy the outdoors more;-) thats a plus side to my weightloss;-)

how are you doing with yours? lets keep doing this together;-)

Liza said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Chel! Hope you had a good one! You look great, by the way! You don't look a day over 25.

kookooforcocopuffs said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Chel! Hope you had a good one! You look great, by the way! You don't look a day over 25.

**

thank you,liz;-) that was months ago;-) and my golly, i wish i didnt look older than 25 ,haha;-)