Thursday 16 February 2012

how was valentines day?

we attended a wedding on valentines day.

my ninang Celsa from Cebu arrived in England and rang me out of nowhere, and asked me if i could witness her daughter's wedding on valentines day.

it was quite a surprise as i was not expecting a phone call from her,much more,being in england in the middle of a very bad winter and a wedding to boot.

So adrian and i grabbed the opportunity to celebrate our Valentines day in the company of fellow cebuanos in a very meaningful way.--what could be more meaningful than a wedding on valentines day?

**


some pics from the day:-)

i made myself up. knowing it was freezing cold and my lips were chapped so much from the cold, i decided i could not wear any lipstick at all. so i played with my eyes..and just slicked lipbalm on the lips






in the car.. i still have not got over the novelty over losing (some) weight..
i miss seeing my neck. it's very childish but i must indulge.


adrian's photo of me when we got to the carpark



sitting in the register office,waiting for the bride and groom



Ninang C, walking Jan to her groom..
it was emotional because i know my ninong wanted to be there and so did Jan's siblings.



an iphone photo of the bride and groom with their parents



arriving at the reception..a photo with ninang C



ok,it was cold, so i had to put my jacket on again.



my partner for life;-)
he got emotional at the wedding..such a softie.


a pic with ninang and Sheila.. Sheila is also ninang's goddaughter who lives in the UK. she called all her inaanaks so we all could attend her daughter's wedding.it was lovely meeting her (Sheila), also a cebuana, and speak with someone once again in good Visayan tongue.


Sol (Sheila's sister-in-law), Tito Jun and Tita Babes (Tita Babes is ninang C's sister,
and tito Jun is her husband)



saying goodbye..we had to travel to Norfolk that night, and Sheila and her husband and kids had to travel to Bristol.



saying goodbye to the bride..and her friends

**
because it was a long drive home, we stopped for some coffee with extra espresso shots.

our valentine date,lol.


coffee at Earl's court Costa.


reading an article that Adrian pointed out about Whitney Houston.


Valentine happy;-)

**

it was so nice to be in the company of people from cebu. hearing the language and be with people you know from home just made the valentines day more special.

..and most of all: we had lechon at the reception,too;-) that was the biggest bonus of all;-)

*grateful*

**

how did you spend your valentines day?

4 comments:

Patricia said...

YOU LOOK FANTASTIC CHELO!!!!! and yes, the lechon is indeed a big bonus. hehehe

Liza said...

You look gorgeous, Chel! And I just have to say that your weight loss has been quite inspiring! Did I tell you I'm a regular at the elliptical again? Keep going and keep taking photos of your progress! :-)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

YOU LOOK FANTASTIC CHELO!!!!! and yes, the lechon is indeed a big bonus. hehehe

**

Thank you,so much,my dear friend Pat;-) i worked hard for this, i pray i have enough will power to continue;-)

its amazing how the lechon made all the difference for my happiness during that day;-)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

You look gorgeous, Chel! And I just have to say that your weight loss has been quite inspiring! Did I tell you I'm a regular at the elliptical again? Keep going and keep taking photos of your progress! :-)

**

Thank you,Liz;-) i apologise if i am constantly in your timelines in facebook and twitter and here posting photos of my weightloss..I am just showing off my recent success;-) it means a lot to me;-) thank you for indulging me and sharing my little successess;-)