Tuesday 28 February 2012

pub night

one thing about living in Norfolk, is that the pubs here are not only un-chained (not part of a big chain,lol) -- most are family run which gives that personal feel of the place.

apart from great ales, the pubs here in Norfolk are gastronomic adventures in itself. they have proper restaurant chefs.

Adrian and i thought of having to taste as many pubs in the county of Norfolk as much as we can while we live here.


a week ago, i wasnt feeling well. so Adrian asked me to go across the house and have fish and chips.

sadly, we went late so they ran out of fish and chips (which is very popular on a friday night) so we had something else.



i tried a swig of Adrian's ale


it was awful (for my taste.. Adrian swears its a good ale)


i love it when he is happy



british pub




adrian's garlic mushroom starter



my duck spring roll


steak and ale mushroom pie and a plateful of veggies



my fave from the local pub: their prawn green curry.


**

i am looking forward to getting a good sweep of all pubs in this side of West Norfolk.. i have a year or two to do that.

2 comments:

Liza said...

When I think pub, I think beer-battered fish and chips! And beer, of course! YUM!

kookooforcocopuffs said...

When I think pub, I think beer-battered fish and chips! And beer, of course! YUM!


**

hahaha, gastro pubs now create the best food,Liz;-) it can be traditional beer battered fish and chips to the high-end restaurant show stoppers;-) but i agree, that night,i was craving for fish and chips;-)