Tuesday 28 June 2011

carnaby

the beatles and mary quant are two things i always associate with carnaby...adrian doesnt get it. he thinks my view about carnaby street is very sixties. i blame it on my father, the original anglophile i have first come across in my life. when i explained to adrian how my father used to talk about the beatles and carnaby street (twiggy,mary quant,), i always think of all the sixties scenes.

so when i moved to England, and was first shown the famous street, i was a little bit let down of its shop-laden streets. but as soon as i got to 'live' and 'thrive' in the city where my face is normally at at least 2x a week, ive gotten to love it again, even without the imagery my father used to tell me. yes, it is shop-infested, but mostly indie boutiques and mostly pure British brands or small chains. this is also a favourite haunt of mine and my sister when we used to walk after every school night (make up school) in oxford circus, have a snack and a mini shop in some of the cosmetic shops.

one afternoon, adrian and i were craving for meat. i was boasting about some pastrami sandwhich that Ana and i used to have after make up school. so i took him there.

and yes,he was impressed by the sandwhich of choice. while i had a burger (one of the best) to satiate a craving that was ongoing through my research period.

some pictures of the day.



adrian listening to me rave about the pastrami sandwhich..the very extensive menu board
*


i love this little burger place...and this street
*


Jones the bootmaker just across the Carnaby Burger co..just across where we sat
*




and the look of the place
*


that was his new yorker (name of) sandwhich..real red meat

*


nice chunky chips;-)
*


walking around the street corners ,there are some interesting shop displays..
the pic on the right was taken for my friend Patricia..i thought of her when i saw that dress (thinking that it would be her style..it'll look good with jeans or just as a dress )

**


7 comments:

konsuy said...

London will always be part of the dream I want to come true. Oh, Chelo, your photos always brings me closer to it.

Aileen said...

Fooooooooodddddddd! :D

kookooforcocopuffs said...

London will always be part of the dream I want to come true. Oh, Chelo, your photos always brings me closer to it.

**

chichi, London will never be impossible for you;-) i would be more than happy to have you here;-)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

Fooooooooodddddddd! :D

**

yummy food;-)

heartsthoughts said...

food again! this makes me hungry! beh, mamahaw nko

kookooforcocopuffs said...

food again! this makes me hungry! beh, mamahaw nko

**

hahahaha;-) makagutom gyud..food is better when shared with people you love;-)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

food again! this makes me hungry! beh, mamahaw nko

**

hahahaha;-) makagutom gyud..food is better when shared with people you love;-)