Sunday 27 March 2011

earth hour cooking frenzy and last sunday

last night, i had my stepson come over for dinner. i cooked Adrian's favourite meatballs in tomato and bean sauce (the sauce not in picture), and humbocktail for me (humbocktail is humba with cocktail juice, its braised porkchop as opposed to pork belly in cocktail juice and soy sauce).



i was good at taking pics before we ate. but when we sat down for the meal, i lost the will to concentrate. plus we ate in candlelight due to earth hour. it was really nice just hearing the crickets and our conversation without the buzz of electrical appliances all around.


the finished product. when i cooked the sweet tomato and bean sauce for this,it was ready to pour and eat..i did not take the pic;-(


the humbocktail..my mama's recipe..and i still could not get it the way she does it;-)


**

when i downloaded the pics on to the computer, i found pics i took last sunday.



the carrot cake we bought from the Saturday market at Southbank.



the belgian chocolate brownies..;-) moist .the kind that sticks to your teeth...i love.



and our sunday dinner last week.. i cooked egg on sirloin steak;-)


**

i have not much going on in my life for the moment, except academic books and work..and food;-)

and food looks better in pics than my books, i tell you.

2 comments:

Liza said...

and food looks better in pics than my books, i tell you.

Hahaha! Nakatawa ko ani! Your meatballs look good. Hmm..I think you just gave me an idea of what to make for dinner tonight. I miss meatballs! Intriga ko sa humbocktail. Mura'g lami lagi ni.

kookooforcocopuffs said...

and food looks better in pics than my books, i tell you.

Hahaha! Nakatawa ko ani! Your meatballs look good. Hmm..I think you just gave me an idea of what to make for dinner tonight. I miss meatballs! Intriga ko sa humbocktail. Mura'g lami lagi ni.


**

hi Liz! you should make these..the humbocktail is very nice..buti wish i can let you tsaste my mom's humbocktail..even my stepson eats loads of rice because of it;-)