Thursday 2 December 2010

it's a weighty issue



i must admit, i am at the stage where i don't care about my weight anymore. i am feeling happy and contented with being this weight and being this size. (please don't judge,haha).

i have not been to the shops if i could help it, because i know, id be feeling inadequate again looking at clothes that wouldnt even fit one of my thighs, much more my waistline.



alot of my friends (here) are on a constant diet. when were out, i look at their size 8 frame jealously, and they look at my plate enviously. it takes sacrifice for them to be there, and it takes sheer laziness and unmotivation to be my size.

but in the middle of waiting for my blood results, i was wondering, what if, id die this weight? and my husband has to order an XL coffin? (morbid, but its extremely funny and true).


i would be lying to say, i dont want to be a few sizes smaller (not a size 8 , *cough cough* thats very unrealistic). maybe a size 14UK. but, the truth of the matter is: when youre working 9-5, and weekends are spent for doing chores and catch up, your free time is rather beautifully spent munching on brownies infront of the tv than eating salads and sweating on the stairmaster.


my friend N urged me to go dancing with her again. my friend C wanted me to join her gym which has alot of classes for working people (meaning night aerobics) (my gym has the best classes at the time when im at work).

now if only, i can buy motivation from the nearest store, id buy them by the dozen.


**

Therese H. always comes to mind whenever i want to lose weight: think babies, as motivation.

my best mate Kharla says: think of your fashion indulgence.

my sister Ana would always say: think of the food you can allow yourself to indulge in after losing the weight,hehe. (i know,she celebrates with food, like me)

my friends here would urge me: think of the activities you can do with us (not because im too obese, that i dont do it with them, im just extra careful not to go skydiving and surfing,lest id have a hypo attack,haha).

what is the point of this blogpost really? to explore what other motivation i can kick myself with.


and with that, i have to excuse my wobbly derrier for another slice of home-baked bread and salmon.

**

you know a hopeless case, if you see one.



{photo: if i could run myself, i could run London.photo taken by my cousin K, pre adjusted by me, of course. thank you Lord for autofocus settings..and cropping..somebody can take photos of me using my camera now.}

6 comments:

konsuy said...

i so love this photo. super like.

as for the weight issues, hindi ka nag-iisa. =)
i went to the gym for a year, shed off some pounds, stopped for 1 month and gained back all the weight when i started a year ago. such a depressing thought. i know, i'm not being helpful. but i'm back to dancing. bahala na ug tambok. i do dancehall classes with university students who is just 2 years older than my son. keber. =) you can do it chel. remember, duha ta.

kookooforcocopuffs said...

i so love this photo. super like.

as for the weight issues, hindi ka nag-iisa. =)
i went to the gym for a year, shed off some pounds, stopped for 1 month and gained back all the weight when i started a year ago. such a depressing thought. i know, i'm not being helpful. but i'm back to dancing. bahala na ug tambok. i do dancehall classes with university students who is just 2 years older than my son. keber. =) you can do it chel. remember, duha ta.

***

oh chi, what a lovely encouraging message from you..i know chi, that you and i can battle this..but im still a little bit lazy..i might just do it..i will, promise=)

Mommy Blogs said...

HAHAHA Paila lang ko sige ko panganak LOL! Bitaw Chel, babies and fashion indulgence! You'd be one hot momma! Most of all, you need to be fit so you can be there for your loved ones. It will be too selfish if you go away =(

kookooforcocopuffs said...

HAHAHA Paila lang ko sige ko panganak LOL! Bitaw Chel, babies and fashion indulgence! You'd be one hot momma! Most of all, you need to be fit so you can be there for your loved ones. It will be too selfish if you go away =(

**

You always remind me about babies whenever you try to motivate me,hahaha, and thats so cute..i think thats my number 2 motivator..the number 1 is not dying on my love ones,hahaha..it is very selfish.

thanks che=)xxx

Mimi said...

mura man kog gabasa sa akong thoughts ani nga post Chel.

88 million times na nako giingnan akong self nga for health reasons and being there for the kids/family pero lami gyud gihapon ang humba, ginabot, lechon ug ang tanang tam-is! =)

pero dapat ta mainspire ni Ankai :)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

ug kay pareho baya ta ug problema,hahaha..dapat mag silingan ta tulo ni patricia..para maggana ta ug exercise..:-)

maypa sa Ana, inspired=)