Monday 5 July 2010

today..crazy..whirlwind..and a love email



(1st pic: salmon sashimi--had two plates of that! really sweet and fresh.. 2nd pic: ebi katsu..3rd pic: chicken katsu,ebi tempura and veggie rice..i could go back again tomorrow..)

there are pockets in our anatomy that needs filling. and some food can be medicinal. and im not even talking about the stomach as the pocket. im talking more anterior and more distal.

that pocket holds alot of memories, some with people, some with events, and oftentimes, linked together with food. mine is anyway.

if your resistance is strong, you are one of the lucky few. but i belong to the majority of those who succumbed to the calls.

i caved in. a temporary kick. an instant satiation of an animal instinct.

wolfed down what my brain told me to get, and made the most of the opportunity to.




the carcass, nothing but colorful plates holding bits and bobs of the art that was there before.


today, i refilled. i came out my stomach amply sufficient, my heart, refueled. it will get me going.


because today i had a mission.


i went to soak in the busyness of the city that holds the other life of me. it holds so much of my person at this very moment that wherever i may rest in my golden years, the city's name will tattoo its name on my fibre.


london.

the crowds,oh the business-like almost rude, brash pedestrians, who in the day, keep themselves to themselves,give the city its character. dignified and snobbish, regal and imposing. almost heartless, even. yet there's something about this city, you fall in love with, every single time. and at night, its crowd disperse, or converse into a much more convivial mood, and as the glittering lights flicker in the distance, the once cold non attached pedestrian becomes the hearty laughing maiden, or the lass with the disco shoes, hopping its way to your steps.

its the city of magic, london is to me.

especially if your goal is stock up on all things bright and beautiful (cosmetics,lol).


first off was carnaby route. oxford street. then bond street. then i ended up in covent garden where i ended up like a child finding my presents under the christmas tree.




(carnaby sign for my refill from MAC: liquid fix, blotting powders, etc....then screenface at covent garden--its one of the few places make up artists go to for industry make up..located at the heart of theatreland, covent garden, its a treasure trove for people buying for working stuff..i get my correcteurs there, and falsies-and some really good concealers for heavy lighting).


i would love to show you my new buys. but its same oh-same oh, the usual stuff, but the only difference is, the bases i got today are for darker skin tones..for the light afro-caribbean and black skintones. i will photograph them tomorrow once i have organised my bag.


**

and whilst just finishing my lunch, i received this email from Adrian. he doesn't say much but he can sense my thoughts and my reluctance to take tomorrow's job (quite a big one, i might add).

and he could sense i wasn't looking forward to make up buying on my own.

but his sensitivity and thoughtfulness just made me rush everything i was doing, and rush and hurry home to him.

his lovemail via his school email address,LOL.





he is sweet, no?

sweet in his oldschool, boarding school educated kind of way,haha. thats what my husband is: a strong intelligent big thoughtful man, yet a soft bear. cuddly,gentle and most of all, sweet..


(PS; just in case he reads this: because lately, he knows about my blog now too,haha..he asks me open it for him

this is in no way to say that my husband is perfect, he has his flaws but nothing too big that is not overtaken by his virtues *wink*).


***

and it goes without saying: all photos from the iphone..=)

16 comments:

Aileen said...

Adrian really is very sweet, Chel!
And I agree with him -- be confident in your skills.
You are good at what you do. :)

Bitaw, London is magical.
And I want to step into magic one day. :)

Shutterfairy said...

HAHAHHA.. very sweet.. JAPPPAANNEESEE.. i'm crazy about sushi and sahimis and tempuras and jap fried rice lately.whatdamattah with me.

Mommy Blogs said...

when all things go wrong, you have adrian...

you take care chelo =)

konsuy said...

my stomach craves japanese. i can go japanese all day. salmon addict me.
your describing a perfect day. good job.

Your Girl said...

awww. kalami! sa food and sa email ;) kasweet ni adrian oi. though the pictures of japanese food are making me hungry. waaah.

chiarajulieann said...

oooh, a love letter!!!

he is indeed the sweetest! lucky, lucky you my friend. so happy for love expressed in a way we especially appreciate!

and this post was delicious to read as well! almost like poetry! lahi ra gyud ka mo-sulat my friend! =D

will await pictures of your new stash and news [pics too!] about your big job!

Mimi said...

kalami sa ending sa imong crazy day.

wish I'm blessed with that kind of sweetness in a hub. M never writes.

Unknown said...

Oh that is so sweet of Adrian! Am sure there's not too many of the ilk of him.

kookooforcocopuffs said...

Adrian really is very sweet, Chel!
And I agree with him -- be confident in your skills.
You are good at what you do. :)

Bitaw, London is magical.
And I want to step into magic one day. :)

***

thanks ai..im confident about what i do know, but i am not very good at selling myself, to anyone..=)

London has magical pockets in its beautiful city=) its waiting to be discovered by you=)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

HAHAHHA.. very sweet.. JAPPPAANNEESEE.. i'm crazy about sushi and sahimis and tempuras and jap fried rice lately.whatdamattah with me.
***

theres nothing wrong wwith you mai..youre very normal=) karla and ana are the same, they love japanese food=) they get bouts of cravings all the time=)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

when all things go wrong, you have adrian...

you take care chelo =)


**

you said it che=) him and my family and friends are there to catch me=) *hugs*

kookooforcocopuffs said...

my stomach craves japanese. i can go japanese all day. salmon addict me.
your describing a perfect day. good job.

***

japanaese food have some addictive ingredients in it..they make you an addict=)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

awww. kalami! sa food and sa email ;) kasweet ni adrian oi. though the pictures of japanese food are making me hungry. waaah.


***

hi kaith=) lisud gyud ning maka addict sa japanese food, murag kinahanglan gyud routine..=)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

oooh, a love letter!!!

he is indeed the sweetest! lucky, lucky you my friend. so happy for love expressed in a way we especially appreciate!

and this post was delicious to read as well! almost like poetry! lahi ra gyud ka mo-sulat my friend! =D

will await pictures of your new stash and news [pics too!] about your big job!


***


thanks chiar=) that makes me happy..you are so sweet=) my dream is to one day have a great chat with you over japanese food=)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

kalami sa ending sa imong crazy day.

wish I'm blessed with that kind of sweetness in a hub. M never writes.


***

hi Mims..im sure there are so much good qualities si M na wala si A..=) buotan kaayo si M, ganahan kaayo mi ni A niya=)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

Oh that is so sweet of Adrian! Am sure there's not too many of the ilk of him.

**

thanks ate Lou..due to age and experiences, Adrian is the way he is=) and thats what makes him so lovely..*hugs to you* =) thank ate lou=)