Thursday 1 July 2010

gotta change




im taking stock of myself lately.

all the self-reflections, the thinking and self admonishing, it all points out to "change".

so many things need to change that it scares me because it just shows how wrong and how uncool i was.


-first and foremost, i need to change my eating habits. but i will not bore you how.

-secondly, my spending habits. i have been buying alot of toot and junk, i dont even use. jsut because they look "cute" or one of my hoarding fetish (read: paper, pens, make up, cutleries,books, etc).

-third, the way i am.

there is being emotionally available. for each and everyone around me. and there is too non dsicriminating emotional- availability that causes self destrcution.

and because of that i expect the same. in reality, that doesnt happen. because thats just impossible.

and the very people who could give you that day in and day out, you dont even appreciate it (my husband).

i need to start focusing and being more attentive and more grateful to people who give me time and attention generously.

first off: Adrian--who never waivers. who never falters. who never stops.

and to people who have always been there from the very beginning.

and in doing so, change in being too demanding, and being too clingy and needy. i shall not be that anymore. its ugly, its self demeaning, and i just end up losing respect for myself.

just saying that, makes me cringe.


-"me" time. i need to be more selfish to be selfless. i cant give something unless i have it. i cannot be happy for someone, if i exhausted up myself to that point of unhappiness.


-emulate Adrian. my sister Ana always said that she loves Adrian's nonchalant attitude. I do too. I am so in awe how he doesnt care what people think. Most of the time, he is oblivious to it. While i am the exact opposite, Maybe thats why my husband is such a "happy" chillled relaxed person, because he caters to his own happiness, and his needs and not caring what others think.


-and i need to stop buying high heels (stilleto -type). nuff said.

(no matter what, i can never wear one, after 1 hour of being in them. i have lost the window of opportunity in my twenties, and now, im doomed to flats and, if lucky and with the right trousers, just platform heels).


***

there are so many more changes i want to mention but i could only keep it to myself for the meantime.


and with that, let the evolution begin.

9 comments:

Aileen said...

Change is good, Chel.
New beginnings are wonderful.
Learning, acknowledging, (and appreciating) our own weaknesses (and strength) is a sign of growth.

But you know, I already love you the way you are.

You are awesome and beautiful in ways that matter.

Shutterfairy said...

I like/love you the way you are..

The eating habits/ health part, I support you all the way.. we want to live longer and I've been telling you to go slow with sugar.. but you you you.. hehehehe..

The pens/books things, I'm guilty of this one because it makes me happy.. the bookstore distresses me.

And you are not UNCOOL.. for me, you're human... that's why i like/love you because your imperfections makes you YOU.

konsuy said...

chel, murag new years resolution man ni. =)
yes, stop caring about what others think - the most important person in this world is you and how you feel. go for it.

kookooforcocopuffs said...

Dearest aileen, Maimai and chichi,


oh you dont know how much your messages made me cry.. you keep me moving strong and you just validated me, and by that you have overturned my insecurity into security.

i truly believe, i need to make changes..

thank you for loving me for what i am..

and thank you for your concerns about my health..

and thank you for letting me feel im perfect the way i am right now.


i have the best support system in friends like you=)

i truly appreciate you being in my life=)

xxx

Mimi said...

Oh no, Chel! Na scared ko to death kay unsa na lang kaha ko! Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with you. And yes, I like you just the way you are. Love unta akong isuwat pero basig gay ra kaayo paminawon =)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

Oh no, Chel! Na scared ko to death kay unsa na lang kaha ko! Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with you. And yes, I like you just the way you are. Love unta akong isuwat pero basig gay ra kaayo paminawon =)

***

hi mims..theres alot of things wrong with me, di lang mo kabantay, or it may not concern you my friends, as i dont show it to you..im needy and clingy esp to my family...its not healthy..its destructive..weird, kaayo coz its the people closest to me, are the most affected by this problem of mine..i need a healthier attitude to my family--im so overbearing, and bisan ako, i hate myself for it=) its not nice=)

thanks mims...touch ko=)

chiarajulieann said...

as i started reading, i felt my head turn sideways, instinctively. i will not pretend to know you, but after reading you in the past and in the present, i perceive you to be one of the coolest persons i hope to meet someday.

so i hope you remain as the person i think you are [except for the eating habits part, as i am in the same boat] but change if you must, for yourself, to be happy.

you will be happy to know, i too will try to change for the better, knowing we're kinda doing it together, makes it sound more fun than it actually will be.

so let's remember each other, if and whenever we fail to do better and fall down from those damn high heels [ i end up walking on bare feet each time i try, my tippy-toes cannot take my weight]

love and kisses my friend. =D

heartsthoughts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kookooforcocopuffs said...

chiara, what a sweet message for me..thanks for supporting me in my decision..and thank you for being honest with me too (you know what i mean, i will hold that with deepest care and respect)..
thanks for being there=0 *hugs*