Sunday 20 June 2010

Taste of London 2010 (entry two)

These are just some photos from yesterday's Taste of London Festival.

Some photos of some of the food we've had.

(for the love of me, i don't seem to have a photo of the scallops i've had and the coronation chicken ive had. I have given up taking photos of Adrian's food. he doesn't wait for me to get ready with the camera, he seems to eat them as soon as he has them on his hand while i queue for mine at the stalls,LOL).





dimsum from Yauatcha's stall: top: L-R dimsum platter and deluxe shiomai collection..bottom: organic dairy ice cream from Beechdean and Thai calamari with ginger and peppercirn from Busaba Eathai.







top L: roasted rack of lamb served with slow cooked cherry tomatoes,baby courgettes and shallot puree from the Grill at the Dorchester
top R: Argentine black angus sirloin served with humitas chimichurri from Gaucho

bottom L: diced sauteed gong bao chicken on stamed rice, on (R) is beijng pancake duck all from Min Jiang's stall






lamb burger from the welsh assembly (both adrian and i had it, it was gorgeous!)
a second order of the deluxe dimsum for me.
cochifrito suckling pig from Fino (ahh lechon de leche)





Adrian enjoying his champagne





the great chef/scientist Heston Blumenthal. this was when i was queueing for his autograph.

his restaurant is one of the very few 3 michelin starred in the world.

i think his restaurant and El Bulli in Spain are the only one competing as the best restaurant in the world, unfortunately El Bulli has closed (or closing) so his might be the only one standing.

Heston Blumenthal's restaurant, the Fat Duck in Bray is an award winning restaurant which is another experience in itself. my stepson Paul and his girlfriend has dined there and they said, the money you pay for is steep but its the experience that is out-of-this-world. (where can you get a dish where you have to use an ipod to get the whole experience?).

Adrian and i have not been there, and we are planning to (i dont know when we could afford though,LOL), but definitely a place to go for us, as we have been to some michelin starred restos in London, but not out in the countryside (which the Fat Duck is located, in Bray, where you have to stay in a hotel overnight just to be there).

Even if you dont plan to go to Heston Blumenthal's restaurant, please check his work (if he is in YOUTUBE, he must be, as he has a show on tv which deals with recreating thematic food). he is often called a mad scientist as his food are a theatrical experience (imagine a flying a dessert infront of you, and salmon that wears a corset,LOL).


Adrian and i are chef fanatics (so ironic, considering we are skinny beans,*barf the sarcasm*). we love chefs more than celebrities, but saying that, the chefs in this country are mostly celebrities anyway, as there are food programs that compete with other food programs.

As we are foodies (what? no kidding!:-p), and we regularly attend food events, we get to know some chefs and some restaurants that are really good for the money.


We also had an opportunity to have him sign his book (which were being presold in the venue, and 'talk' to him for a good two minutes.)

Adrian was able to take a picture of him and my backside (while i was having my ticket signed using my small camera).

That experience alone made the entire food festival so exciting for us. (ok, the food too.)






Adrian enjoying himself for the afternoon. You can tell we bond over (good) food.






There were other stalls there of pastry exhibition. This was offering a really mouthwatering chocolate sponges.





There were so many stalls there that you could get so excited and thrilled, and you have to be very careful where to spend your crowns (the currency inside the festival).





this booth is gorgeous too. what with cakes and all types of sweets on it. i wanted to say and linger there but there were other stalls also wanting my attention.





I remembered Ana seeing this booth. Ana , my sister, and i love meringues as influenced by my sister in law Anne who creates the best tasting desserts, and one of it was the lovely meringue consisting her pavlova dessert. it makes me drool thinking of it. i vow she will yield one day and teach me how to do it. (well, she did say she will, but we still couldnt agree on a date when to do it).





thats a photo of Adrian looking forward entering the Laurent Perrier champagne masterclass. We were booked for a good half hour session, for wine tasting (with some entree) and which was hosted by a celebrity Food and Drink Critic and journalist. (more stories of the winetasting session on the next entry)

and of course, adrian showing off his lamb burger from the Welsh assembly tent. the salad inside the burger bun just meshes perfectly with the texture of the lamb.



***

my apologies. i dont know how to report in small doses.

its either i write a book or nothing at all, haha.

4 comments:

Shutterfairy said...

making me hungry after having my fill for breakfast..hehehe.. I'd go crazy if I was there taking pics of food and sampling each kind. It's a bad idea to go there, I think, because I am sure I'd be gaining pounds in no time.

Aileen said...

Your food photos are awesome, Chel!
I love, love, love!
Like all your photos, they tell stories.
And that's how photography should be.

Kalami!

And oh, I read about El Bulli in one of the food blogs I stalk. Interesting. Isn't it sad it is closing?

Let me say it again --
Love all your photos! :)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

making me hungry after having my fill for breakfast..hehehe.. I'd go crazy if I was there taking pics of food and sampling each kind. It's a bad idea to go there, I think, because I am sure I'd be gaining pounds in no time.

**
hi mai!!=) i know youd be crazy with your camera if you were there=) if you were there with me, youd take the photos, id sample the food=)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

Your food photos are awesome, Chel!
I love, love, love!
Like all your photos, they tell stories.
And that's how photography should be.

Kalami!

And oh, I read about El Bulli in one of the food blogs I stalk. Interesting. Isn't it sad it is closing?

Let me say it again --
Love all your photos! :)


***

hi ai=) i must admit, food/still shots arent my thing..i need to improve on them, i find im better (compared to my shots, not to other photographers) at taking photos of people than non-moving objects or scenery..im trying to learn how to make them more alive,haha...but thank you thank you for saying that..im sooo honored and flattered coming from you, who take gorgeous very much 'alive' food shots..

i know,El Bulli was a 'goal' for Adrian and i, but i dont know if we could make it til 2012..lol..but there's still The Ft Duck to conquer=) (but i dont know if we feel generous enough to pay an equivalent for a plane ticket to eat somewhere though,LOl). but who knows? makadaog diay mi'g lottery? *dreaming*

thanks ai..i feel like i have improved if you say so=) i promise to learn more para im worthy of your compliment=)