Saturday 1 May 2010

the end of an era

2 months.

that fast.

it came and went like it was just 2 weeks.

for the first month it was laidback and chilled. the second month was fastpacked and filled with activities and our heads were spinning like mad.

even at the time i was supposed to be in bed because i was ill,i wasn't in bed,i was out and seeing places with the sister and Big A. yes, there were some rejuggling of schedules, but it didn't stop us from doing things out and about. just apart from crowds who i could infect with with my cough.

i told Adrian, that i will never shop nor eat out again for the next 6 months as i feel i've overdone it. it shows on my bank balance and my waist measurement. but all were part of the fun. things are better enjoyed when shared with love ones (especially if they're only visiting for a certain time).

the plus side,my sister and I have grown even closer this time as she and i never had so much time on our twosome ever, in her adult life.

the downside, i never am good with goodbyes. or change. or someone leaving me. this makes it harder.

overall, i would never change any single bit of her visit. (although, i wished, her stay would have been 3 months instead of 2).


***

i just got back from a picking my sister up from her night out with one of her friends (a daughter of my friend) here. it made me realise how 'old' i am.

im such a 'manang'.

although S volunteered to pick up Ana and bring her car, i insisted to drive them to and from the place. Nevermind if the place was at least 18 miles away from where we live. First because i know S drinks, and i dont want any drink-driving. Second, i want to know where this place was where they were going. (hey, this isn't Cebu you know, where i know people that i could text to watch my sibs,LOL).

After having a quiet send off meal for Ana at one of our favourite Thai restaurants, I took Ana and S to the dance club where they were meeting more friends a t10:30 pm. I went home and arrived at 11:45 pm. Waited for 1:15 AM to leave and pick them up again.

Adrian and I watched TV while we waited, and he was joking, it reminded him of having his teenage sons.LOL. Fancy doing that chauffeuring your children to their places of partying before they could drive.

Wow. Parents are amazing people.



***

Good thing the two were very good, they rang me on my mobile at 10 minutes before 2 am, whilst i was driving and told them to just wait for me outside the club.

They were jolly as monkeys and a little bit tipsy,but were taking pictures inside the car.

I looked at my very 'happy' sister and i thought: "uh oh, someone's going to get a headache tomorrow on her flight".


***

I could say, my life altered drastically for 2 months. I was busy in a different way. It was more "fun" busy than 'work' busy. Albeit costly and sometimes outrageous, yet all something memorable for my sister and i. Its nice to be indulged by a very generous husband too who keeps frowning if we were staying in. (only to find out upon coming home, he just wanted us out coz he wanted the telly to himself to watch football,haha..that or a quiet day without women fighting for his attention while he works on his garden/paperstuff.)

***

After tomorrow night, it'll be just Adrian and I again, on our twosome, to cinemas and restaurants.

Adrian said to me tonight "im having empty-nest syndrome", as Ana became our experimental child/friend/house guest all in one,haha.

And it'll be only me on my lonesome now going to hair salons, clothes and shoe panic buying, and cosmetic shopping (although i think i shouldn't be going to any shops for the next few weeks. The husband draws the line on make-up buying,haha).

Gone are the afternoons after my university class, to rush to the mall and grab an outfit for the next day's museum traipsing or catching the latest cinema show that captures our fancy.

Gone are the sushi mondays. Gone are the make me up, ill make you up sessions.


Definitely, its the end of an era.



***


What's the story on your part?


Love,laughter and positive chakras,


Rx





this was taken two weeks ago...in one of our historical england trips.







how do you carry a heavy camera around your neck and still suck your stomach? you cant. exhibit A.
the sisters and A in the background, surveying the grounds like the caretaker.

10 comments:

Mommy Blogs said...

kahilakon ko! because i know how much you love ankai.... and i know how sad goodbyes are... and i miss my sister(s) =(

Shutterfairy said...

email me your log in and pword. i'll add the archive thingy.

++

Makes me sad Anna won't be there to make you laugh and go places. Knowing you, sus... you go the extra mile to make any family and friend feel utterly special. Maybe when she gets here she'll tell you to work on her papers so that she'll be based there na.. who knows?

On the other hand, because i'm a selfish prick.. when you miss someone you tend to blog more.. so that means to say.. i'll be reading more chelo entries.. skippy doo..

chiarajulieann said...

there's nothing like being friends with your sister. i soooo can relate to the joy you had for 2 months.

lucky me, my sister is just a few kilometers away and that we can see each other as much as we want to.

sometimes though, when family life gets in the way =P, we don't see each other as if we lived cities apart for weeks on end.

but the good thing is, it doesn't make any difference in the closeness that we have, whether we see each other daily or not. =D

aren't we lucky we have sisters we love!

konsuy said...

kamo nalang pud ni adrian. sagdi lang, in few months, i think kita na pud mo? you going to cebu?

inJiNuous said...

halo chel! for sure you and adrian are going to miss ana. =( pero sige lang. there'd be next time and di ba, karla is coming? yey! =)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

kahilakon ko! because i know how much you love ankai.... and i know how sad goodbyes are... and i miss my sister(s) =(

***

thanks for feeling for me che..=)

im sure this feeling will go once i get settled again,haha. im just not good with goodbyes=)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

email me your log in and pword. i'll add the archive thingy.

++

Makes me sad Anna won't be there to make you laugh and go places. Knowing you, sus... you go the extra mile to make any family and friend feel utterly special. Maybe when she gets here she'll tell you to work on her papers so that she'll be based there na.. who knows?

On the other hand, because i'm a selfish prick.. when you miss someone you tend to blog more.. so that means to say.. i'll be reading more chelo entries.. skippy doo..


***

hi mai=) Ana is hopefully coming back in 2012 (if plans push through--were applying for a longer visa, 10 years multiple entry for mama,her and my brothers)..=)

thanks for saying that, you made me feel better,haha..=)

PS> i will email you my pswrd...i havent changed it man..same ra gihapon=)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

there's nothing like being friends with your sister. i soooo can relate to the joy you had for 2 months.

lucky me, my sister is just a few kilometers away and that we can see each other as much as we want to.

sometimes though, when family life gets in the way =P, we don't see each other as if we lived cities apart for weeks on end.

but the good thing is, it doesn't make any difference in the closeness that we have, whether we see each other daily or not. =D

aren't we lucky we have sisters we love!


***

you said it chiar=) lucky ar e we to have sisters=) i am close to my brothers too but eversince they married or with a gf, they clam up and became more attached to their partners,LOL..

thank you God for sisters..=)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

kamo nalang pud ni adrian. sagdi lang, in few months, i think kita na pud mo? you going to cebu?

***

im not going to cebu this year chi=) we just came back in january this year and by rule, adrian and i agreed to go to cebu once a calendar year,because if not, we are never going anywhere else,we would just be going home all the time=)

although we have arranged for karla to come here this year=) hopefully for my birthday=)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

halo chel! for sure you and adrian are going to miss ana. =( pero sige lang. there'd be next time and di ba, karla is coming? yey! =)

***

thanks janey..i will think of that thought..ingon ani gyud ko, ma sad if anyone leaves me..but im sure ill be better after a week.=) *hugs*