Wednesday 25 July 2012

short story

on monday afternoon, after work,as i was just coming out of the changing room to change from our uniform to civies, my colleague asked me why i wasn't in shorts, (everyone seemed to know what the weather is like in the morning that they seem to know when to don shorts in the afternoon or not if its raining).

she, even in her 6 months pregnancy glory has the most beautiful skinny legs and our other colleague who had nice legs herself were asking whether it wasn't warm enough for me for shorts (because i come from a hot country?). i said, "no,i just didn't think of wearing shorts because we plan to go to the town centre after work."

she said "so?".

ok, i felt it was a bit too revealing to walk from the hospital building in my shorts to the car and where i could be seen by my other colleagues, but i lied "i didn't shave my legs". and that seemed to have shut her up (because all of them shave their legs/ a national pre-requisite in summer for all short-wearing female this side of civilization).

in truth, i do not shave my legs. i do not have/get hair in my legs at all. (logical, since i do not have much hair on my head, it would have been too unfair of God to have given me hairy legs,wouldn't it?) i pluck an odd hair every now and again on the lateral side of my calf muscle, but a very fine feathery one, the most. i just dont get hairs on my legs at all. (this is a positive,right?LOL). and i suppose,most filipina women dont, unless they have a mestisa blood (i know,coz some of my cousins do).

truth number 2--- i have no shorts to wear. i do not say this in "woe me, pity party-mode", because the reason is,all my shorts are quite loose at the moment and the last thing i want to do is keep buying clothes i have no intention of keeping. (wais si lumen!). i was planning on a shopping spree when i get to my goal (i am getting there, i promise you,i will!).

case en pointe, this photo. i wore my old shorts one warm weekend to a walk in the town.



these were mid thigh high shorts last year, now, its more "puruntong" .

in this photo, this was rolled in the waist to hold it tight and i have to not suck my stomach in (in fact i had to do the opposite), just so the short stays in place (haha)..

i regret going to town with it,because it kept falling off my hips. it was a great feeling: a reminder of some changes my body has undergone, but also, an accident waiting to happen, that you dont wish to occur having your trousers/shorts on your ankles in broad daylight in the middle of the town. (ahh,these things you only think of once you're out of the house).


but then again, maybe, its high time i should start buying shorts as summer seem to have shown its face (at last!). i am not talking about those micro 'pek-pek' shorts that i see on young beautiful skinny things,no!. i am just talking about those things that are non-denim, (or maybe denim),lightweight material, cut above the knee, or mid-thigh (enough to show some definition and separation between my quadriceps,and enough to leave dignity for a woman of my age,harhar
). Shorts that can be seen that: a) i am orientated to the season.. b)i did shave my legs!


***

Addendum:


Some photos of me two years ago (August 2010)..in India and Dubai.




cute!..the elephant,too! ;-) PS. the elephant is the one lying on its side. the one washing it has no relation to elephant whatsoever.



in Dubai airport in 2010 waiting for our flight back to the UK. i could still wear the top until this day (fabulously loose as it was intended,haha), but last year, i couldn't fit into those linen trousers. now, those same ones (linen trousers) are just too lose for my sense of security (haha).. i chucked those trousers to a sealed box in a garage in london at the moment as it might be more beneficial to someone from my relatives who do not mind Marks&Spencer linen trouser hand-me-downs.


**

I enjoy looking at old photos of me before.. it reminds me to keep going.

how about you? what are you trying to get motivated with?x

7 comments:

test said...

if i have no idea of your 'before,' di mailhan ikaw ng sa elephant pic. nalingaw ko.

ur before/after pics is motivating :)

swimsuit na ang next ani nga post :)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

rose, everytime kaundangon nako, id look at my before and after pics..to think wa pa gani ko sa akong desired goal ha;-)

maguba ang illusion sa 'nice' weightloss if naay makakita sa akoang pic mag swimsuit;-)

Aileen said...

You never fail to make me laugh, Chel! And yes, please, buy new shorts or neon-colored undies (for special effects) just in case you find your shorts on your ankles. Haha.

You are looking great! :)

Mommy Blogs said...

I wish I had your problem! I still fit in my maternity pants and tops! Bec I'm ok everywhere else, except the belly... so murag gyapon buntis!

You look so good na Chel!!! Unsa imong goal size?

kookooforcocopuffs said...

You never fail to make me laugh, Chel! And yes, please, buy new shorts or neon-colored undies (for special effects) just in case you find your shorts on your ankles. Haha.

You are looking great! :)

**

HI Ai;-) perti nakong bahakhak sa neon-coloured undies.. unya na kung di nako size Large,hahaha;-) funny kaayo ang image;-)

funny, parehas ta ug humor;-)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

I wish I had your problem! I still fit in my maternity pants and tops! Bec I'm ok everywhere else, except the belly... so murag gyapon buntis!

You look so good na Chel!!! Unsa imong goal size?

**

i think most of my bulk came out of my tummy and legs...but im hovering at the same size at the moment kay tag 2-3 x nalang akong gym pero i snack more and eat more (whcih i should really stop).. sayon ra na imo wagtangon T kay u own your own gym;-)

Akong goal size hopefully by next year i'll be a size 12UK..i cant go any lower than that, kay siga na kaayo akong mata tan-awon if ever,haha..

although, im hovering between a large 14UK at the moment (so sometimes size 16 sya on some brands , kanang china/asia-brands), so my goal next year is a size 12 UK...and hopefully maintain..;-)

Liza said...

Isn't it wonderful to not have to shave our legs? I have never shaved my legs ever. Like yours, they're hairless! Thank God for that! :-)

Again, you look great, Chel! Idol gyud ka nako when it comes to reaching goals! I am so inspired by you.