Tuesday 19 July 2011

today



today was a mishmash of beautiful little moments.

i came home from work and saw that the washing i did from the night before were hanging by the washing line and obviously dried from the sun. that might be nothing to you, but for people like me who work and have no time to put in the washing line (and not sure of what weather it is today) tend to just dry my washing in the dryer. it was lovely, because nothing beats having clothes (most of the wash were towels and rugs) that smelt of sun and wind. i don't know,it just smells different. sun+wind+fabric conditioner vs dryer+ fabric conditioner is not a match. and most of all, it was Adrian who hung them on the line. ohh, i love me a house husband.


we had a nice chat and a snack of chocolate crosissant and coffee and decided to have a fish dinner. i was craving for some good old 'piniritong isda' and 'sinangag na kanin'. i live for my cravings. thats how i roll, day to day. its no wonder i am this size,but who cares right? (my diabetic doctor does,actually,haha).


after filling up with dinner, i checked my mobile and saw that i got a text from my classmate telling me that our final results are out in our university email. i hurriedly opened my mail and saw that indeed i got honours, but more than what i expected. i got an upper second class honours. Adrian was so proud of me and jokingly said, that 'not bad for a last minute student', referring to my attitude to studying which he wasnt too keen on. but at the end of the day,it really doesn't matter what i got, what matters is the love i have for the profession and to the clients i work for.

some wonderful snippets of my day, i hope you have many more in yours too;-)

8 comments:

Your Girl said...

woooow! congrats, chel! *big smile* ka-bright gyd, grabe! all the hard work and long hours and kakapoy really paid off.

now you got me dreaming, too, of piniritong isda with buwad and some calo calo (that's how we call sinangag na kan-on in negros) =D

konsuy said...

congratulations, chel. so so so proud of you. happy happy joy joy.

Aileen said...

Congratulations dearest Chelo! I am not surprised you are in the honours roll because duh, you are bright! :D Seriously, I am soooooo proud of you!

And yes, sun-dried clothes smell so good! And Adrian rocks! I love him. And you. :)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

woooow! congrats, chel! *big smile* ka-bright gyd, grabe! all the hard work and long hours and kakapoy really paid off.

now you got me dreaming, too, of piniritong isda with buwad and some calo calo (that's how we call sinangag na kan-on in negros) =D

***
hi kaith,haha, true kaith, it paid off gyud;-) bisan absenous ko, pasok ra gihapon,hehe..thanks,kaith;-)

PS. yayy, 1 new word for me: "calo calo"...i love 'calo calo' with piniritong isda and suka, and yessss, buwad,hahaha;-)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

congratulations, chel. so so so proud of you. happy happy joy joy.


***

thank you,chichikoy;-) i am indeed so happy;-) *hugs*

kookooforcocopuffs said...

Congratulations dearest Chelo! I am not surprised you are in the honours roll because duh, you are bright! :D Seriously, I am soooooo proud of you!

And yes, sun-dried clothes smell so good! And Adrian rocks! I love him. And you. :)

**
thanks,Ai!!!;-) i was surprised with the high honours, i was only expecting 'with honours'.hehehe, but beautiful surprise;-)

i love you,ai;-) thank you for being a true friend...;-)*mwah*

Liza said...

Congratulations again, Chel! I am so happy for you! Maayuha gyud nimo uy. You made us all so proud as well. Sorry late kaayo ko. Wa ko ka-Facebook for a while and it was my husband who said "I think one of your friends just graduated Magna Cum Laude...". I was like "really??? who???" Ikaw na diay to, hehehe!

kookooforcocopuffs said...

Congratulations again, Chel! I am so happy for you! Maayuha gyud nimo uy. You made us all so proud as well. Sorry late kaayo ko. Wa ko ka-Facebook for a while and it was my husband who said "I think one of your friends just graduated Magna Cum Laude...". I was like "really??? who???" Ikaw na diay to, hehehe!

**
awww, thats so sweet of you and your Charles...
I got lucky with my grades,Liz..i knew i was getting some honours but i didnt know it was that high..they hve calculated my scores and overall,it was higher than i thought;-) im so happy, considering daghan ko ug absences and i do my work last minute (altho last minute, i say 3 to 4 weeks before submission), while my classmates do it around months..im happy, and its a blessing i gladly welcome;-)