Tuesday 1 June 2010

sembreak

it's halfterm week (or sem break) for us students (and teachers too,lol) this week. this means no classes. although if you're like me, you have a research material (or patchwork written research) to finish. it gives us university students a time to do more work.

and for the teachers: to do what my husband likes doing best.




look at the happiness on his face..he is redoing the flowerbed by the front area of the house.






he just uprooted the overgrown and wilted so he's replacing it this week with the buds from his mini nursery (read: my pantry/utility area)







gardening is his pastime. he indulges me in all my passions, and supports me.

who am i to tell him that kneeling on mud and getting dirty is irritating my nerves when he comes inside with his shoes? thats why he has garden clogs,LOL.



***


just taking a pause to give some thought to the person who never forgets to put me first in everything.


***

and because its halfterm, Adrian and I are indulging ourselves with rented DVD's, mini luchdates and an excuse to stay awake til 2 am.

weve watched two DVD's that's worth recommending to you:


One is the movie PRECIOUS. Its a movie produced by Oprah Winfrey (which stars Monique ;who won an Oscar for it and the really convincing Gabourey Sidibe) and it talks about abuse and motherhood. It really moved me.


The other one is the movie The Greatest. (Starred by Susan Sarandon, Pierce Brosnan and Carrie Mulligan). The movie talks about grief and dealing with grief, and how a family could be shaken by the loss of someone. This really made me a weeping willow beside Adrian.

Anyone who is just getting over the loss of someone they love could relate to this movie. I did, and more.

Adrian and i had a discussion after watching the movie tonight and i also cried some more as i talked about my own grief.

He listened and cried with me.

***

Not long afterwards, i made a toasted bread and some egg omelette,(yes comfort food).
Comforting and numbing of sore emotions, thats what it did.


**

Have a nice sleep my beloveds, or if you're just waking up or in the middle of your day; have a nice steady one.

Tomorrow is another day, to conquer and to look forward to. (I hope sans mud on my carpet.)



4 comments:

Aileen said...

Adrian's garden really is beautiful.
I think magkasinabot sila sa akong Mom.:)

DVD nights with a loved is my idea
of romance. In my family, though,
watching DVD is a way of coping with
grief.

You and Adrian, you are
inspiring.

I'll look for a copy of The Greatest. :)

Shutterfairy said...

I like gardens, but I don't think I have the patient to wait for my flowers to bloom. Pwede motubo dayon ang plant?? hehehe..

Fafa A looks happy in the garden indeed.

kookooforcocopuffs said...

Adrian's garden really is beautiful.
I think magkasinabot sila sa akong Mom.:)

DVD nights with a loved is my idea
of romance. In my family, though,
watching DVD is a way of coping with
grief.

You and Adrian, you are
inspiring.

I'll look for a copy of The Greatest. :)


***

Hi ai! =)thanks ai, his garden will hopefully become beautiful by August-September by then nanubo na ang fresh blooms=)

DVD is a very good way to distract ourselves..I love the fact that you can watch a movie of your choice, and be in a comfortable position and can pause and play the movie again...your family is so lucky becaue you guys are close knit. familes who communicate and are close to one another get through the grief cycle with less trauma..

yes Ai, i suggest you should watch it...=) i highly recommend get a tissue in hand..=) *hugs*

kookooforcocopuffs said...

I like gardens, but I don't think I have the patient to wait for my flowers to bloom. Pwede motubo dayon ang plant?? hehehe..

Fafa A looks happy in the garden indeed.


***

Hahaha, ambot lang gyud kung unsaon mai, kay utro sad kong walay talent with planting..although i have plants in pots in the house..i

Adrian is a happy gardener=) labi na he has time to do it=)