Friday 21 May 2010

summer, you crazy bugger

its crazy.

you see yourself caught up in a few cloudy grey days, then bam! summer catches you.

its come early too. it was sending feelers when my sister was here for her visit. and when she left, a week of rain and clouds stayed. and then some.

then now, summer has come full on. apparently this weekend is the start of the hottest month.

i am loving and hating it at the same time.

love that i could just not blowdry my wet hair, and not get a cold/flu after decidedly having the wind dry it. i love that i could just be wearing one layer of clothing and not get a whole jumble into the washing bin.

but i hate knowning that the sun is out and dancing in all its glory, yet im indoors knocking a few thousands off my wordcount on my reports.

i hate that the beach is beautiful under the sun, yet too chillylfor swimming or being near it even.

most of all, i hate that i left the best beaches at home.

and im here, in a land although originally foreign --yet my heart has also start to call home.

so yes, summer, crazy you...you come up behind me and leave me pondering of home. past and present.


***

here are some photos from my only recent beach experience..
(and probably the only beach experience i will have for this year)


boracay photos always most remind me of childhood summers..




we went and played in the whitest of sands..Pukka beach






we rented this beautiful house for 5 nights..four bedroom palatial cottage. just perfect for a big family.






and spent wonderful time with family, just being in our own little world and pretend we live in the island.



***

i will be posting my boracay photos soon,.i am so backlogged of photos, and updates, they're not called updates anymore, it will be called up-lates,haha.

(i still have blogs regarding my sister and i travelling around town--and im having a headache trying to catch up.)...

4 comments:

Shutterfairy said...

sigh.. summer here is almost finish, but I haven't been to a single beach. imagine that?

Unknown said...

I love that cottage! So Asian and those big picture windows.

kookooforcocopuffs said...

sigh.. summer here is almost finish, but I haven't been to a single beach. imagine that?

**

Mai mai!! thats just sinful, hala ka, magbasol gyud ka parehas nako, when i moved to the UK..when you move to NZ or Canada, mingawon gyud kag maayo sa beaches nato,haha=)

Go!! make the most of it=)

kookooforcocopuffs said...

I love that cottage! So Asian and those big picture windows.

***

It is ate lou:-) I'll soon show the photos of the inside--its absolutely beautiful=)

by the way, do you have a blogspot na? i'll definitely go and visit=)